This blog is dedicated to the sublime instruments called nose flutes and which produce the most divine sound ever. We have chosen to discard all the native models from S. Pacific and Asia, for they need fingering to be played. We'll concentrate on "buccal cavity driven" nose flutes : the well patented and trademarked metal or plastic ones, plus, by a condemnable indulgence, some wooden craft or home-made productions.

May 14, 2016

Chisato Nakamoto's Marvelous Hanabue!

It's been a long time I want to make a post with the incredible nose flutes I received from Miss Chisato Nakamoto. I already published some photos in Dec. 2014, but since, I had ordered from her the frog hanabue that was already made, and on special order a chameleon for me, and the cat Mr. Schubert for the Nosy Diva.

A very sad event occured before I published the pictures of those great nose flutes, and I didn't want to cause more pain to the Diva, whose beloved Schubert had joined the angels paradise. Now, I feel that it's possible without causing too much more pain.

So, I received a beautiful parcel, containing three little treasures:




The Frog

The Frog was already made, and I already posted a picture of it. I found it so lovely and beautiful, that I ordered it. It is a really stunning nose flute, because it is piece of art as much as a good instrument!



What looks very impressive to me, besides the resemblance – including the idea of a wet skin, the delicate toes or the sweet and peaceful eyes – is the way Chisato was able to keep a real frog's shape, whilst modifying it with the purpose to make a comfortable nose flute. Particularly the underside of the head, which became the nose saddle, should have been a real challenge... and the response to it is stunning.



The Chameleon

The Chameleon is a special order. Here again, it was a challenge. How to turn a chameleon into a nose flute ? Where to put the intake ? Where to set the fipple ?...

The quality of the grained skin and the color shades, the bloated gluey tongue, ready to catch a fly, the tiny sharp white teeth, the shiny black eye... every detail show the great art and skill of Chisato Nakamoto.



Franz Schubert

Franz Schubert was the most sweet and gentle cat in the world. He also was a great singer. I sent some pictures of him to Chisato Nakamoto, who did a great job here too. The Nosy Diva and the old little 'Schubi' got thrilled by the nose flute. Look at that:



I suppose that the difficulty was notably coming from the prominence of a cat face compared to the relative flatness of a nose flute. Anyway, the Schubert nose flute is a success!



Mr. Schubert was very nosy with with the Schubert nose flute!



To show you how great — besides being beautiful – nose flute Miss Chisato Nakatomo made, here are some videos we made. Both are kind of archives, dating of more than a year. And we miss Mr. Schubert very much.




3 comments:

  1. What a great post! Those noseflutes are absolutely adorable, all three of them! Beautiful photos as usual! Chisato did a great job! What great works in every little detail! The texture of the chamaeleon skin for example is very impressing and realistic.
    I must say that I do not find the frog's eyes peaceful. To me it looks more kind of depressive or pleading for help, maybe due to its mouth which had to be shaped in a grumpy way to give a good air entrance :-(
    Of course I like my Schubert noseflute most of them. Not only is it beautiful and very resembling, it is also one of my best noseflutes which I like to play very much.
    Regarder le chat et l'instrument est triste et beau en même temps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you a lot, dear Nosymusic! Yes, those flutes were made with great care and talent! And the Schubert one is more than a nose flute...
      Yep, the frog looks scared, when you can see the mouth. Poor froggy :)

      Delete
  2. Fantastic art work, absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete