This blog is dedicated to the sublime instruments called nose flutes and which produce the most divine sound ever. We have chosen to discard all the native models from S. Pacific and Asia, for they need fingering to be played. We'll concentrate on "buccal cavity driven" nose flutes : the well patented and trademarked metal or plastic ones, plus, by a condemnable indulgence, some wooden craft or home-made productions.

Dec 21, 2012

Job te Pas on Dutch TV

Yesterday, I noticed an uncommon peek in the blog stats - 437 visits coming from the Netherlands - and I was not able to understand it. Now, I know! It was the result of the appearance on Dutch TV of a t-shirt on which was printed "noseflute.org"!



Mr. Maikel Mei just sent me this info (thanks to him!): a documentary about Mr. Job te Pas and his wife on the Dutch TV. It's a nice 5 mn long documentary, in which the nose flutist presents our noble instrument, from his living room... and he wears a t-shirt he had made printed with the blog address (Thank you Job, successful communication operation!)

Thanks to Maikel's translation, I am able to tell that Job explains that nose flutes should replace recorders (at school, I suppose), explains how to play the instrument, deals with quality of playing... Then the couple ride their tandem bike to a school to promote nose fluting at its gate. Funny and interesting!

Check and enjoy:

4 comments:

  1. Cool and fun to watch. It is good to see the nose flute and your blog being promoted.

    I got an error connecting to the video server, so I saw it on youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I think you have to deactivate your cookies protection to watch this movie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried today and now it just works, I think it is because I started your blog from my browser in stead of starting it from the facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hacked it, upload it on Youtube, and there no pb anymore.

    A.

    ReplyDelete