This blog is dedicated to the sublime instruments called nose flutes and which produce the most divine sound ever. We have chosen to discard all the native models from S. Pacific and Asia, for they need fingering to be played. We'll concentrate on "buccal cavity driven" nose flutes : the well patented and trademarked metal or plastic ones, plus, by a condemnable indulgence, some wooden craft or home-made productions.

Jun 7, 2012

Hall of Fame !

We are now able to publish the state of the Nose Flute Hall of Fame, from the oldest to the most recent date of birth (click the images to enlarge them) :

4 comments:

  1. Wow...! If only I could be in this Hall of Fame one day....
    I just love these authentic photos!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha!!! (hey, it was a huge work!)
    I'm thinking of editing postcards with those.

    I would like to add Harvey Jones, of the Jones' Paramount Charleston Four, who played lots of Humanaphone (a concurrent of the Humanatone) in the 20s. But I am unable to find a picture of him ...

    To enter the Hall of Fame ??? Easy :

    1) record at least one nose flute piece
    2) get world famous.
    3) Then die, please.

    (Yes, I made an exception for Leonard Cohen)


    All the best,

    Antoine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day....;-)

      Making postcards out of these pictures sounds like a brilliant idea to me. These images would also work really well as promotional material like posters & billboards, since the images link the instrument to some world famous names & faces.

      Moreover, these pictures radiate a kind of reverent authenticity, making them really stand out! So, go for it!!!

      Delete
  3. Hello Maikel,

    Yes, I imagined them like that. However... I do not own the copyrights of the original pictures ... so ... they must stay private (I mean : not commercial). Dommage.

    Antoine

    ReplyDelete