This blog is dedicated to the sublime instruments called nose flutes and which produce the most divine sound ever. We have chosen to discard all the native models from S. Pacific and Asia, for they need fingering to be played. We'll concentrate on "buccal cavity driven" nose flutes : the well patented and trademarked metal or plastic ones, plus, by a condemnable indulgence, some wooden craft or home-made productions.

Jul 8, 2012

The Rainbow collection

Have you seen those? Were some monochromatic Swan produced? Very rare items!



Well... sorry, no. Just a maikel Mei's amusement, who dismantled some nose flutes and recombined their pieces differently. Hey Mr. Mei, where is the plain green one ??
"Just" is not the right word, because anyone who tried that knows the difficulty : No way using acetone to dissolve the glue, since you would dissolve the flute too :). I personally tried several time and systematically broke the air duct cover. Indeed, it seems there was such problems with the white one...

« The first step I did was take off the lids, which cost me 2 or so air duct covers in the beginning. I really was careful after I had blown these 2, so what did I do: I first pressed against the sides with my thumb and index finger, then carefully applied friction with the lid, feeling what it could take, taking it a bit further each time. Most of them would come off like this. Note: you have to remain careful until the lid is completely off: a few have broken edges becuase I thought I already had them taken off... The ones that were really 'stuck like glue', I kept inside my hands, whilst blowing into them until they got warm. Then I tried and most of the tough ones would come off. »

Any volunteer ?

No comments:

Post a Comment