This blog is dedicated to the sublime instruments called nose flutes and which produce the most divine sound ever. We have chosen to discard all the native models from S. Pacific and Asia, for they need fingering to be played. We'll concentrate on "buccal cavity driven" nose flutes : the well patented and trademarked metal or plastic ones, plus, by a condemnable indulgence, some wooden craft or home-made productions.

Mar 31, 2012

Hans Christian Klüver, singer and noseflutist

One month ago, we posted this video made in Bremen (DE) in which a German singer plays a stunning nose flute solo on Ain't No Sunshine, by Bill Withers.

Noseflute.org wanted to know more about this musician, Hans Christian Klüver.


Hans Christian, can you describe you in a few words?

My Name is Hans Christian Klüver I'm 43 years old and I am a musician with both, body and soul.
I was born in Hamburg and raised in Bremen.
At age of 6, I  learned playing the recorder. Two years later I began learning to play the clarinet, wich I did for about nine years. At the Age of 15, I got me my first altosaxophone. When I was 14, I founded my first Band "Blues and Boogie Jammers". Being fascinated in all the instruments my bandmates were playing I began learning most of them myself autodidacticly.
Right now I'm playing (in order of fun & skills): singing, noseflute, the drums, bassguitar, percussion (mostly bongos), guitar, keyboards/pioano. Also I am working as a DJ, teaching music and coaching bands, theater, entertainer/conferencier

Are you a professional musician ?

Yes I am a Musician and particular Band Coach / Instrumental teacher.

Where do/did you perform ?

Most of the time I am booked by companies or private people. Also I am performing at clubs, theaters and so on ...

What music do you play/sing ?

There are so many great genres and ways to sing, play or hear music. When I do perform, it's mostly swing, jazz and great evergreens. A speciality of mine is to write german lyrics for swing- and jazzstandards. Also I use to vamp lyrics while I am singing scat-like solos.
And of course my noseflute - I myself have never seen someone else perfoming with this instrument in a decent way. So I was really impressed by the japanese guy playing the marche turque - way beyond, how does he do that. Especially the third part with the continiously played semiquavers!
Having been (and still being) a great admirer of the Beatles, I also once had a Beatles-Band (http://hckluever.de/hans-christian-kluever/musik.html) in which I played the guitar and sang.


You sing greatly, and you also play the nose flute : How long have you been playing it ? How did you discover it ?

Thx a lot! :-) I don't know. I began playing it about maybe about 17 years ago. Somebody gave it to me on party. And I immediately noticed, I could play it.

Do you often play solos with the nose flute?

Depends on the type of project or perfomance I am playing - but I'd say about 2 of 3 shows, about every third or fourth song.

How do the audience react when you get your Nasenflöte out of your pocket and play ?

Amazed, amused and entertained. Cheering, applauding. It's always great fun for both, the audience and me.

We saw a video in which you play a great blues solo with the Teachers' Band, how did that happen ? Do you teach in Heligoland ?

Yes, I do.

Have you recorded other videos or songs with the nose flute ?

Not until now. But I will within the next weeks - and I will let you now, if you like.

Have you any project with the Nasenflöte ?

I do play the Nasenflöte in most of my projects. Right now I am developing a Solo-programm, singing las-vegas-swing-classic and entertaining by telling funny things.
The Nasenflöte is also about to become a part of it as I noticed, the audience is more and more enthusiastic! And to be honest - your Mail also encouraged me to envolve my nosefluteplaying even more.


Hans Christian Klüver
Sänger - Disc Jockey - Moderator

www.mister-swing.de
info(at)hckluever(dot)de

---

Links :

Hans Christian Klüver's website

Some music samples here

H.C.K on Facebook

---

No comments:

Post a Comment