This blog is dedicated to the sublime instruments called nose flutes and which produce the most divine sound ever. We have chosen to discard all the native models from S. Pacific and Asia, for they need fingering to be played. We'll concentrate on "buccal cavity driven" nose flutes : the well patented and trademarked metal or plastic ones, plus, by a condemnable indulgence, some wooden craft or home-made productions.

Jul 11, 2012

Help nose flute music creation!

You certainly remember Mike Pride (check this post), the free-Jazz drummer and composer from Brooklyn...

Mike is a long time nose flutist, and a new Bocarina enthusiast. « You are right on, I am totally trying to replicate bird calls much of the time, when I play my Swan nose flute. But, the Bocarina is opening many more subdued melodious pathways »

Today, Mike Pride requires our help to produce a CD!

« I am doing a pledge drive on Kickstarter to raise $7,077 to record a piece of my "classical" music. Meaning, completely composed.It is for 7 drum sets, 1 floor tom, 1 organ, 1 electric guitar, 3 vocalists & NOSE FLUTE ON THE FINAL 5 minute GRAND FINALE. Which is kind of a surprise that I have kept secret.

I have to raise another $1900 in USdollars by June 23rd (12 days) or I get none of the money already pledged. I get all or nothing at all.

This will be a historic piece of music in the modern classical, jazz, noise and extreme music fields. Nothing exists like it, and nothing will. And it will feature an epic nose flute section in the finale.
»

So, if you want to help the creation of this record, just go to this page, and choose the amount/rewards for your subscription.

> Mike Pride's Kickstarter project

No comments:

Post a Comment