This blog is dedicated to the sublime instruments called nose flutes and which produce the most divine sound ever. We have chosen to discard all the native models from S. Pacific and Asia, for they need fingering to be played. We'll concentrate on "buccal cavity driven" nose flutes : the well patented and trademarked metal or plastic ones, plus, by a condemnable indulgence, some wooden craft or home-made productions.

Jun 13, 2012

Translucent Swan - II

Internet interaction is so good... Yesterday, I wrote about the translucid Swan flute : « I think they are brand new » ... I was totally wrong!

Immediately I received a comment from the Guns'n'Noses orchestra (from which facebook page I borrowed the picture shown yesterday) : « No, I have to disappoint you... I have had this nose flute for probably a year. »

More, I also received a mail from Maikel Mei :

« Hereby I send you 2 pictures of my 'crystal clear' flute, which happened to be in the bag of 50 that I bought in 1998 (...) The concept of the translucent body is from around 1997-1998. How can I be so sure? From 1994 to 1997 I contacted each toy store and music shop around in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany, asking them about 'plastic nose flutes' on a regular basis. »

OK... the translucent body dates from 97/98. But I had never seen one.
(by the way, if someone wants to trade one with me, (s)he is welcome :)


No comments:

Post a Comment