This blog is dedicated to the sublime instruments called nose flutes and which produce the most divine sound ever. We have chosen to discard all the native models from S. Pacific and Asia, for they need fingering to be played. We'll concentrate on "buccal cavity driven" nose flutes : the well patented and trademarked metal or plastic ones, plus, by a condemnable indulgence, some wooden craft or home-made productions.

Jun 10, 2012

Patageno!

After I showed the picture of my cat Patafix presented to the Okan-Khamen nose flute, Komatsuka Nae made a beautiful and funny drawing of the meeting of her parrots Pon & ChaCha with my black hunteress (both visible at the end of this post).
For the video I made with the parrot-pharaoh nose flute, I chose to play the Papageno's air, since he was a birdcatcher living in a phantasmatic Egypt.
Kanae Miyazaki answered to that video... with this stunning and magnificient drawing of Patageno having caught the poor Pon & ChaCha, trapped by the flute used as a birdcall (but one of them is about to bite my poor kitty's tail!!).

We gonna print it and hang it over Patafix' foodware!

2 comments:

  1. I just love the composition, the flair, the style, the colour scheme and the whole storyline!

    As I understand: Patafix has turned into a modern day Robin Hood, relieving Pharaoh Queen Mother Okan Khamen's servants of their feathers?

    I really like the idea of the nose flute being used as a bird call, which I believe is its original function. Please comment if you have any additional or other information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, bird calls. that's why Patafix loves nose flutes ...

    ReplyDelete