This blog is dedicated to the sublime instruments called nose flutes and which produce the most divine sound ever. We have chosen to discard all the native models from S. Pacific and Asia, for they need fingering to be played. We'll concentrate on "buccal cavity driven" nose flutes : the well patented and trademarked metal or plastic ones, plus, by a condemnable indulgence, some wooden craft or home-made productions.

Jan 29, 2013

Happy birthday Mr. Bocarina!


Happy Birthday Mr. Schuermans! You did a great job with the Bocarina design and you are a gentleman. I'm lucky to be your friend. The nose flute side of the world owes you one! What could we wish you? More and more success in your productions, new inventions and designs, and for sure great and sweet moments in your personal life.



The Nosy Diva sent her own addition:

Today is Chris Schuerman's birthday and in addition to wishing happiness, health and wealth I would like to say a few words in addition.

I would like to thank you, Chris, for having invented this instrument. It makes nose flute player's life much easier. The great playability and beautiful sound have convinced me from the very first note.
Teaching is fun also, almost everybody succeeded producing a sound or melody. I do not want to make this look like an advertisment but I just would like to say that it is the merit of Chris Schuermans to have invented a noseflute which is easily acessible for almost everyone and thus a possible democatization of noseflute playing. It is a high class instrument yet it costs very little - a Ferrari at the price of a Volkswagen :0)
Thanks for that and have a great day, and all the inspiration and luck you need for creating new inventons, I a very curious what will be next!
With musical greetings to you, Chris, and the nosefluting world,

The Nosy Diva

3 comments:

  1. Thank you dear Antoine and Nosy Diva, your friendship and support has made my task of taking the Bocarina to the world effortless and exciting. In fact, without your interest and support, my whistles would only be circulating at a few South African art festivals. It is you who have introduced the Bocarina to musicians and people across the globe. I am truly grateful.
    Antoine, I have ridden on the back of all your hard work to create and maintain a very thorough and well researched blog: www.noseflute.org
    Both of you have inspired me to do even better, and improve the Bocarina, which hopefully I will do in the near future. I look forward to sending you my first prototype for testing.....
    With gratitude and appreciation.
    Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris! Well, without you and some others, there will be no "food" for our passions, nor for making a blog. The chicken or the egg ? The egg, for sure, the ABS egg!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday!

    Bocarina is great, Thank you, keep on nosefluting!

    ReplyDelete