Funny to notice it was presented together with the "Nose Blower" (which was a kind of nasty device called nowadays "fart whistle")
As already noticed before, the name Magic (Nose) Flute seems to be have been used in novelties and toys catalogs, while the brand Humanatone was reserved to music instruments ones. However, with the time, things became more intricated, and the novelties dealers added the name Humanatone to take benefit of its fame.
So, in the 1930's, the noun Humanatone also appears alone in pure toys catalogs. This ad in the 1931 Kindel Graham catalog was classified in the jokes section, not in the music instruments one.
About metal Humanatones, check :
- Humanatone - part I : the metallic era
- New Humanatone ads
- The Two metal Humanatones
- Another metal Humanatone
- Humanatone boxes
- Another Humanatone box
- Humanatone: A very early user manual
- The Magic (Nose) Flute: only questions... .
- A Humanatone and clones chronology
- A Humanatone in 1892 ?
- Humanatone: Early promotional demos
- Another Humanatone archive
- Huma... something
- Rectification: Humanatone appearance date
- Great paper from 1903
- Nose Flute Pioneers: The Stivers - Part I
- Nose Flute Pioneers: The Stivers - Part II
- Nose Flute Pioneers: The Stivers - Part III
- Nose Flute Pioneers: The Stivers - Part IV
- Nose Flute Pioneers: The Stivers - Part V
- A Humanatone as a scientific tool
- Two other Humanatone Ads
And on later Humanatones :
- Humanatone - Part II : the Gretsch plastic era
- Humanatone - Part III : the Gretsch metal era
Every time I am ever so surprised and excited to see new additions to the historic sources related to the nose flute. It makes me wonder how many more there could be out there!ReplyDelete