No, designing a new nose flute with a technical and musical exigency in mind is not an easy, smooth and linear way. More, bringing the virtual design to the market is a very tortuous path with its own snares and traps. And even more, each step, from having a prototype printed or milled, to the creation of a injection mould, trying different plastics to find the most suitable, and then having modifications applied to the mould... Each step *is* a cost, and the whole process a huge investment. Time, volition and money.
Have a look at those prototypes (there were certainly more of them...) :
Related links :
- The Bocarina® Pro - Part I : A new star is born !
- The Bocarina® Pro - Part IIa : Reviews
- The Bocarina® Pro - Part IIb : Reviews
- The Bocarina® Pro - Part III : Prototypes
- The Bocarina® Pro - Part IV : Interview
- The Bocarina® Pro - Part V : Ceramics